e-didactic tools education Rubric as formative assessment in preschool teacher training programme: A transnational perspective on ICT between Spain and Sweden. [Result of Sweden Project in Swedish 2013]
The project involves in preschool teacher training programme testing and evaluation of a method based on formative assessment through ICT tool eRúbrica. eRúbrica is a technical tool and a method for assessing processes in education, and helps with communication between teacher and student, their evaluation and facilitating self-directed learning. This method means that student learning and formative assessment focus. Creating collaborative learning environments and to assess individual students ' efforts, particularly in large groups, facilitated. Students become more aware of the learning process and involved in the course from the expected results and contribute to quality assurance in education. Methods related to two features of Stockholm University's text-matching tools, Turnitin. Cooperation within the project is continuous with a research team in Spain and with a reference group from different faculties at SU. Experiences from the use of the project relevant features of Turnitin obtained from Oxford University.
The proposed formative assessment is used in a didactic purpose of:
- Facilitate the assessment of students ' individual contributions in group work.
- Make the students aware of what to learn, learning outcomes and grading criteria by the practice assessment.
- Facilitate students ' cooperation, both in pairs and in groups.
- Preventing cheating by students ' work is highlighted on several occasions in the process.
- The quality of education.
as well as:
- The method is tested in two courses in preschool teacher training programme and compared with two control groups.
- eRubric-methodology used within courses.
- The project's partners are a Spanish research group and a reference group of teachers from SU:s faculties.
- The method is related to the two features are available as extensions to the SU:s current text matching system.
- The test methods are not subject-specific but is interesting for a number of subject areas.
- Educational spillovers of it sketched the project can be formulated within the framework of internationalization work.
Important to note is that eRubric [Handbook] as well as ePortfolio is a new instrument for assessment of the content and process of our courses and in this case we test only eRubric. Follow-up will be both qualitative and quantitative tools that are implemented specifically for this and that can be linked to MONDO. The tool that has been used and tested by the research group Gtea from Málaga University are available online and can be used free of charge.
The functions and processes that are studied in the proposed project will be related to two functions that exist in University text matching system Turnitin. PeerMark is described by iParadigms, which develops system: "Students don't just learn from instructors they also learn from one another". "PeerMark facilitates peer review so that students can evaluate each other's work and learn from their classmates."https://turnitin.com/static/products/peermark.php Det verktyget andra, GradeMark is described as "Paperless grading is finally here! GradeMark saves instructors time and provides feedback to students by publishing enabling richer highlights, custom comments, "and QuickMark editing marks right on the student papers."https://turnitin.com/static/products/grademark.php These two functions are not included the University's license but can be used in this limited scope.